Moore keeps being considered for major prizes, but remains the bridesmaid, so to speak. I am not sure why, as her narratives are strong and her writing is exuberant yet remarkably precise and filled with powerful images. Caught is the story of David Slaney, an attractive young convicted drug trafficker who escapes from prison determined to try yet again to score the big bucks. A rollicking story that crosses Canada and takes the reader into the Columbian jungle, the pulsing energy masks a sense of inevitable failure. Despite his bad motives, David is a winning character whose youthful invincibility is matched only by bad choices that ruin him.
- Weekly Update, June 18, 2021: The Anti-Asian Racism Forum is Over, But Our Work is Just Beginning
- Episode 23: Fatherhood and Masculinity in the 21st Century
- Weekly Update, June 11, 2021: A Phased Approach to the Fall
- Weekly Update, June 4, 2021: Statement on the Kamloops Indian Residential School
- Statement on the Missing Children of the Kamloops Indian Residential School