A President’s Advisory Committee/Council may be set up by the President on a strategic issue that the university has an interest in promoting or an issue that is central to the operation of the university.
Proposed terms of reference and budget, including funding sources, will be presented to the President for consideration prior to approval being granted for the committee/council to proceed.
The terms of reference should follow the format shown below. An annual report will be provided at the end of March each year on Committee/Council activities and accomplishments.
Minutes of meetings will be sent to the President and the committee/council terms of reference will be reviewed bi-annually.
Terms of Reference
REPORTS TO President and Vice-Chancellor
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
To advance (a strategic issue) for the university
To provide advice to the President (specified as per the issue)
EXPECTED OUTCOMES (include indicators/metrics)
- shall be appointed by the President
- shall preside at all meetings and forward recommendations to the President
- shall be selected by the committee
- shall prepare notice of meetings and agenda and maintain minutes of all meetings
- shall forward copies of minutes to the Director, President’s Office
- Term of Office
- 2 year appointment, renewable
- A quorum shall be a simple majority of the membership
- Number of Meetings
- The Committee shall meet quarterly or at the call of the Chair. Initially, meetings may be more frequent.
- Notice of Meeting and Agenda
- A notice of meeting and agenda shall be delivered to the membership of the committee at least seven (7) days in advance.
- Agenda Format
- Approval of minutes
- Business Arising
- New Business
- Task Force Updates
- Date of next meeting
Terms of Reference Review
The terms of reference will be reviewed every two (2) years by the President and Vice-Chancellor.