A year to be proud of
As we look ahead to the holiday season, we can reflect on some of UBC community’s achievements over the past year.
- UBC welcomed 8,360 incoming students, its largest ever first-year class
- Eight professors appointed or renewed as Canada Research Chairs
- A record number of Thunderbirds, 164, honoured as Academic All-Canadians, student-athletes who achieve an academic standing of 80% or better while playing on a varsity team
- More than 50,000 alumni engaged in the life of the university and over $200 million was raised through the start an evolution campaign
- UBC continued to strengthen its position as a world-leading research and teaching university and had a positive impact locally, nationally and internationally
This is just a snapshot of the many accomplishments over the last year that UBC’s passionate students, staff and faculty have to be proud of. I wish you all an enjoyable and restful holiday season spent with family and friends.
Professor Arvind Gupta
President and Vice-Chancellor